Strategy - Executive MBA Course
With Professor Susan Lynch
Why are some companies more successful than others? What does strategy have to do with it? Answering this question is critical for leaders who wish to drive and partner in strategic decision making and execution in their organizations. This course is designed to develop your strategic thinking skills to enable you to better evaluate, design, and implement strategy. We will introduce strategy tools and concepts and apply these to both leading companies and to a real business situation you (or potentially your clients or customers) are facing. The cases and contexts we explore will allow us to consider both the dynamic and global aspects of strategic management.
The course is organized into two parts.
- The first part introduces the core tools and concepts of strategic analysis that identify constraints and opportunities inherent in the external environment and in an organization’s positioning relative to competition. Case and project work is designed to build your familiarity and facility with these frameworks.
- The second part focuses on generating new strategies for growth through diversification – both internationally and at home – and through innovation. We also consider how to balance growth strategies with the challenges of executing new initiatives. We end the course by applying the complete strategy ‘toolkit’ to identify target opportunities and execution challenges to advance your own strategy
The course spans a wide range of topics, including:
- developing and evaluating strategy
- developing firm capabilities and sustaining competitive advantage
- analyzing industry evolution and competitive dynamics and linking strategy and execution.
Course objectives are accomplished through exposure to cases from a range of industries and managerial settings.
Professor of Strategy, INSEAD
Susan Lynch is an Professor of Strategy at INSEAD and is based in Boston. She is an expert in the areas of strategy formulation and execution and has a PhD from London Business School. She teaches courses and leads programs in strategy and strategy implementation for MBAs and executives and has experience in leading and designing programs that target the strategy development needs of different Fortune 500 organizations. Since moving to Boston, Susan spent two years as a Visiting Assistant Professor at Harvard Business School.
Students are required to attend all classes and to participate actively.
Students are required to read all course material in advance.
Students will be graded on attendance and participation in class and on a written assignment.
The Executive MBA Course in Strategy will earn you a total of 4.5 ECTS points.
The tuition fee for the two-months Executive MBA Course in Strategy is DKK 19.500 exclusive of VAT.
AVT Business School is as an accredited MBA business school for managers looking to take their leadership to the next level. AVT was founded in 2001 and more than 2,000 managers have until now completed one of the four programs...
Udfyld formularen for mere information om Startegy (Executive MBA Course)