Hvorfor vælge TECHCOLLEGE?
Omsættelig viden som kan bruges fra dag ét
Kompetent og praksisnær undervisning
Kundetilpassede kurser og forløb
24 oktober, 2024
GWO Blade Repair
GWO Blade Repair - Certification
Upon completion of GWO Blade Repair, participants will be aware of the risks and hazards they can encounter when working with blade inspection and repair within the wind industry. Furthermore, they will be able to control and mitigate those risks and hazards. The GWO Blade Repair course will also equip participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to appropriately respond in the event of a hazardous situation and to increase their safety through proper use of personal protective equipment, emergency equipment, procedures and safe craftsmanship.
Training in accordance with this standard will enable participants to support and care for themselves and others working in the wind industry by possessing the knowledge and skills of composite inspection and repair work. Upon completion of the GWO Blade Repair course, participants will be able to work safely with composite materials while conducting inspection and basic blade repair procedures, thereby supporting an overall improvement of the safety for personnel with job functions focussing on composite repair work and inspection in the wind industry.
Objectives of GWO Blade Repair
Upon successful completion of the GWO Blade Repair course, participants will be able to perform and document a wind turbine blade inspection, execute repair work in accordance with a work instruction while maintaining the aerodynamic profile and structural integrity in glass fibre reinforced composite parts of a wind turbine within the following dimensions:
- Trailing edge repairs up to 1,5 m in length
- Leading edge repairs up to 1,5 m in length
- Laminate repairs down to core material
- Core material replacement up to 200 cm²
- Surface repair to paint and gelcoat
The GWO Blade Repair is intended as an entry level course and therefore the participants will not be expected to perform repairs in major structural elements of blades like spars, spar caps and carbon fibre.
To successfully complete the GWO blade repair training, the participant must be able to:
- Demonstrate awareness of the course content and the facilities involved to ensure a clear understanding of what is expected during the course (L2 - Knowledge & Attitude)
- Demonstrate the ability to work safely with applicable chemicals while utilizing the applicable personal protective equipment in a controlled manner throughout all phases of composite inspection and repair work (L3 - Skills)
- Explain typical types of composite construction, materials and the importance of surface finish relating to aerodynamic performance and efficiency (L2 - Knowledge)
- Distinguish between and work safely in a controlled manner with epoxy, polyester, polyurethane, vinyl ester, methacrylate, reinforcement materials and solvents related to composite inspection and repair work (L3 - Skill).
- Prepare, operate and maintain the correct tools and equipment, be it electrical or mechanical (L2 - Skill)
- Demonstrate the ability to safely execute and document laminate, sandwich panel and surface layer repairs in accordance with a work instruction in glass fibre reinforced composite parts
To attend the GWO Blade Repair a certificate in epoxy and polyester safety is required.
Participants must follow national law in Denmark, where is it a prerequisite that participants before starting GWO Blade Repair, must hold the following 2 certificates:
47942, Personal safety when working with Epoxy and Isocyanates
Work on epoxy and isocyanates may only be carried out by individuals who have completed the training required by the Danish Working Environment Authority's Executive Order No. 1793 of 18 December 2015 on work on substances and materials (chemical agents), Appendix 3.
48139, Polyester molding safety
Work on styrene and polyester may only be carried out by individuals who have undergone special training prepared by the Labor Market Organizations and approved by the Director of the Danish Labor Inspection Authority, cf. 2011 with later changes.
If the participant can document correct certificates, the participant can start directly on GWO Blade Repair.
Participants need to bring both certificates to the GWO Blade Repair course and be able to show them if necessary.
Eksamen og diplom
Validity period of GWO Blade Repair certificate
Does not expire.
Price is exclusive VAT.
Tag kurser og efteruddannelse på Nordjyllands største erhvervsskole
På TECHCOLLEGE i Aalborg tilbyder vi en lang række kurser inden for blandt andet grafisk design, online marketing, billedbehandling, foto, el, VVS, automatik, epoxy m.fl. - branchekurser for dig, der allerede er faglært inden for et bestemt fag. - jobforberedende...