COVID-19: Operational Planning Guidelines and COVID-19 Partners Platform to support country preparedness and responseOpenWHO
Operational Planning Guidelines and COVID-19 Partners Platform to support country preparedness and response
This 3-module learning package introduces the context for the need for a coordinated global response plan to the COVID-19 outbreak. It provides the required guidance to implement the Operational Planning Guidelines to Support Country Preparedness and Response. These planning guidelines describe priority steps and actions to be included in countries’ preparedness and response plans across the major areas of public health preparedness and response. This is aligned with the previously published COVID-19 Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan (SPRP).
By the end of this course, the appointed UNCT lead planners and relevant partners should be able to assess and fill in capability gaps to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak.
The training is intended:
- For UN country teams (UNCTs)
- For other relevant stakeholders, including partners, donors and civil society
- To support national readiness and preparedness for COVID-19
- To help countries increase their capacity to respond to COVID-19
- To increase international coordination for response and preparedness
- To streamline the process of coordinating resources and assessing country preparedness level
Eksamen og diplom
Key learning objectives:
- Be able to educate yourself and others about the importance of operationalizing the SPRP for the COVID-19 outbreak using the Operational Planning Guidelines
- Be able to describe the 8 major pillars of public health preparedness and response and initial actions to be taken by the UN country teams
- Be able to access the full set of actions, performance indicators and resources needed to conduct the preparedness level assessment using theCOVID-19 Partners Platform for country preparedness and response plans
A Record of Achievement will be available to participants who score 80% or higher in the cumulative course assessment for both Modules 1 and 2. Module 3 is free of any certification.
Module 1: Mission and purpose of this program (incl. COVID-19 knowledge):
This module provides a description of the purpose and context for this learning package, leadership words and relevant COVID-19 knowledge.
Module 2: Country-level preparedness and response:
This module provides an introduction to Operational Planning Guidelines to Support Country Preparedness and Response, and access to relevant information and documentation.
Module 3: Pillars of the public health response:
This module is technical deep dive into each of the 8 pillars of the public health response as described by the Operational Planning Guidelines to Support Country Preparedness and Response.
OpenWHO is WHO’s new, interactive, web-based platform that offers online courses to people preparing to work in epidemics, pandemics and health emergencies or already doing so. The OpenWHO platform delivers WHO’s and partners’ expertise closer to where it is needed...