Hvorfor vælge Teknologisk Institut?
+110 års erfaring med kurser og uddannelse
+17.000 kursusdeltagere om året
4,4 ud af 5 stjerner i kundetilfredshed
Styringen af et datacenters opgaver er i dag et højtspecialiseret, men også krævende og komplekst område, som ofte undervurderes. Dette 3-dages kursus er designet til at give dig dybdegående viden i styring af et datacenters opgaver, som bl.a. omfatter følgende centrale emner: kapacitetsplanlægning, seneste grønne initiativer, hvordan man korrekt kommisionerer og de-kommisionerer udstyr, overholdelse af sikkerhedsstandarder og lovmæssige krav, internationale standarder og ledelse af mennesker. Derudover har kurset fokus på leverandørstyring, håndtering af hændelser/krisestyring samt hvordan du sikrer en enkel, håndterbar og effektiv operation.
Kurset afsluttes med en international certificering i CDFOM Certified Data Centre Facilities Operations Manager. Kurset afholdes på engelsk.
During COVID-19 you can attend a live class over the internet. You get to interact with the expert instructor and other students from all over the world. Exam can be taken as an online exam from your home or office. Exam has to be taken within 7 days after the course.
It is advisable for the participants to have some experience in data centre operations although it is not required. It is highly recommended to attend the CDCP® course before attending the CDFOM® course.
The primary audience for this course is an IT, Facilities or Data Centre Operations professional working in and around the data centre (representing both end-customers and/or service provider/facilitators) and having responsibility to achieve and improve hi-availability and manageability of the Data Centre, such as: Data centre managers, Operations / Floor / Facility managers, data centre engineers, network/system engineers/data centre sales/consultants.
After completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Setup a data centre facilities operations team
- Manage and motivate your facilities management team
- Setup SLA’s and manage them including liabilities, KPI’s etc.
- Manage vendors and measure their performance
- Manage physical security taking into account requirements of standards such as ANSI/TIA-942 etc.
- Manage safety & statutory requirements
- Effectively and efficiently manage data centre operations
- Manage documents
- Setup equipment life cycle including testing
- Define data centre design limits and set-up and manage a proper capacity management plan
- Commission and decommission equipment
- IT cable management
- Manage the day-to-day data centre operations
IndholdThe Data Centre Operations Team
- Leadership criteria and attributes
- How to set-up up an efficient and effective facility management operations team structure
- Key Performance Objectives (KPO) and appraisals
- Job rotation, reward, promotion and succession planning as strategies to grow and retain talent
- Training and assessments
- Shift management, scheduling and roster planning
- Vendor selection and qualification
- Managing risk and dealing with non-compliance, public liability, legal, escalation and complaint procedures
- Key considerations of a vendor agreement for services
- Performance measurement and reporting
- Maintenance options
- Main considerations for maintenance agreements
- The practicality in deciding between comprehensive/noncomprehensive maintenance regimes
- Warranty pit falls
- Service reports alignments with maintenance agreements
- Tiered maintenance considerations
- Preventive, Predictive, Condition and Reliability Centred (RCM) based maintenance
- Managing on-site/on-sites spares and how to determine which spares to keep on-site
- Statutory and industry compliance/regulations
- Emergency response and safety policies and procedures
- PTW (Permit To Work) requirements and procedures
- General rules and regulations for the data centre
- Ergonomic workspace
- SOP’s for power outage, fire, bomb threat etc.
- Defining the data centre design limitations
- Defining measurement criteria and reporting
- Alignment of business SLA with vendor SLA
- Defining chance management procedure for installation and de-installation of new equipment
- Reporting and escalation management
- Guidelines from standards; ANSI/TIA-942, ISO/IEC- 27001/02, SS507
- SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) in managing day to day security access control, such as;
- Entry/exit control and access management
- Permit-To-Work (PTW) and contractor work in progress
- Delivery of goods
- Customer access
- Effective patrols routing and how to ensure 24x7 vigilance
- Handling external threats; crisis/emergency situations
- Security incident management
- ITSM/ITIL (IT service management) in the data centre
- Shift hand-over requirements and procedures
- Asset and inventory management for hardware, software, spares, consumables, etc.
- Floor management procedures and duties such as rack space allocations, management of installers
- Pre-installation analysis for power, cooling, weight, EMF, fire protection and other in_uencing factors
- From truck to rack
- Handling of incoming equipment
- Inspection, unpacking and security procedures
- Staging procedure and requirements
- Equipment movement into the computer room
- Finishing up the installation
- De-installation/commissioning procedures
- Defining the design limits of the data centre
- Setting up thresholds, monitoring and reporting
- Business review and future capacity planning
- Technical solutions aiding capacity planning such as Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), capacity and configuration management solutions
- Overview of ANSI/TIA-942, ANSI/TIA-606 requirements
- Cabling specification & labelling based on ANSI/TIA-606
- In-rack power and network cabling
- Labelling requirements
- Cabling/cable tray layout documentation
- Types of pollution found in data centres such as H2S, air-particulates etc.
- Common causes of pollution in the data centre
- Standards, policies and techniques to reduce and cleanup dust, pests and other pollution and disturbances
- Data centre monitoring requirements
- Threshold setting and reporting requirements
- Notification and escalation requirements
- Automated 24hrs helpdesk ticketing systems
- Incident and customer complaint management & change management
- Performance measurement and monitoring requirements such as fuel and water consumption, PUE/DCiE etc.
- Document management standards
- Document management process requirements
- Minimum and desired design documentation set
- Operational management documents
- Policies and procedures governing life cycle management
- Asset management including software and firmware
- Service situations
- Review, triggers and reporting
- Test life cycle
- Questions: 60 questions
- Time: 1½ hour
- Exam format: closed book and multiple choice based
The passing mark is 45 out of 60.
Attendees passing the exam will be awarded the internationally accredited and recognized 'Certified Data Centre Facilities Operations Manager' certificate (CDFOM). Exam is included in the price.
CDFOM is world-wide accredited by EXIN.
The CDFOM certificate is valid for 3 years, after which recertification is required.
Simon Besteman is a French and Dutch national and a veteran of the internet industri. He has more than 20 years’ experience working at ISPs, suppliers, Data centres and hard-and-software vendors as a management consultant for a wide range of organizations. Simon is a Certified EPI Instructor for CDCP, CDCS, and CDFOM. He has conducted trainings in Europe, South Africa and Ethiopia for EPI and has always been given a good feedback from the course attendees.
Teknologisk Instituts vigtigste opgave er at sikre, at ny viden og teknologi hurtigt kan omsættes til værdi for vores kunder i form af nye eller forbedrede produkter, materialer, processer, metoder og organisationsformer.
+1000 kurser inden for bl.a. IT, projektledelse, ledelse, kommunikation, personlig udvikling mm. Teknologisk Institut har leveret uddannelse til det danske erhvervsliv siden 1906, og har derfor over 110 års erfaring med kurser og uddannelser. Hvert år deltager flere end 17.000...
Du vil måske også være interesseret i:
Flere byer (2)
Flere byer (2)