Lift planning and risk assesment course
This course will make you able to plan lifting routes and lay down areas, do a safe job analysis and risk assesment, able of correct use of radio and handsignal communication for safe lifting all this with understanding and knowledge of the requirements of marking equipment, user control, discard criterias, recommend pratice BS7121 LOLER 1998 and to do inspection of equipment.
- Give examples of the result of incorrect use of lifting components and how this can be avoided
- Show knowledge of the regulations regarding marking, documentation, use, maintenance, daily inspection and discard criteria of lifting gear
- Choose correct lifting equipment and show correct methods of use
- Direct crane operations safely using radio & hand signals
- Develop and follow a lifting plan and risk assessment
Theoretical training covering:
- Calculation of lifting equipment capacities
- Safe job analysis and Risk Assessment planning.
- Equipment strengths and weaknesses
- Slinging configuration
Practical training covering:
- Lift planning and risk assessment
- Lifting team basics
- Blind Lifts
- Slinging various types of load according to size, weight, shape and centre of gravity.
- Choosing the correct lifting equipment
- Visual check of slings (wire / fiber)
- Visual check of lifting accessories
All personnel involved with rigging and slinging.
Maersk Training - A global training provider
We train organisations, crews and individuals in the Oil & Gas, Maritime and Wind industry how to improve safety and operational performance in offshore and maritime operations. We always train as close to real life as possible teaching you how to...
Kontaktinformation til Maersk Training
"Maersk Training has set the benchmark for other training establishments to aspire to."