GWO BST Working at Heights
Learn how to perform safe work at heights
Do you work with wind turbines at heights? The aim of this course is to give the participants the necessary basic knowledge and skills to perform safe work at heights, alongside safe and comprehensive basic rescue from heights.
After completion of the course, the trainee will have achieved skills and basic knowledge about:
- The hazards and risks associated with working at height, specific to wind turbine generators.
- Have an understanding of current national legislation regarding working at heights.
- PPE identification, including identification of European/Global standard markings e.g. harness, helmet, lanyards etc.
- PPE inspection, service, store and don the relevant PFPE, e.g. harness, lanyards, vertical fall arresters and work positioning equipment.
- The use of the relevant PFPE, e.g. harness, lanyards, vertical fall arrest system and work positioning equipment.
- The correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct.
- Safe evacuation and use of evacuation devices.
- Rescue situations in wind turbine generators and use rescue equipment efficiently.
The aims of this course are to give the participants the necessary basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training to use basic PFPE and perform safe work at heights, alongside safe and comprehensive basic rescue from heights in a remote wind turbine environment in accordance with Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST) Working at Heights standards.
Target Group & Admission Requirements
Personnel who will be working in the wind industry or related fields, and will have their duties in a wind turbine environment, usually in physical contact with a wind turbine or an offshore wind structure.
Personnel that performs job functions that has been risk assessed by their employer or their workplace duty holder as a function, where training according to one or more modules of the BST standard may mitigate of the identified risks.
All personnel participating in Basic Safety Training shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating.
GWO - Working at Heights
Maersk Training - A global training provider
We train organisations, crews and individuals in the Oil & Gas, Maritime and Wind industry how to improve safety and operational performance in offshore and maritime operations. We always train as close to real life as possible teaching you how to...