GWO BST First Aid
GWO First Aid training: First Aid in the global wind industry
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST) is designed to provide personnel with the basic skills that will enable them to work in a safe manner in the wind industry and to meet emergency response training requirements for personnel new to the global wind industry. It is designed to accommodate personnel working both onshore and offshore.
The aim of this course is to administer safe and effective first aid in the wind turbine industry in accordance with Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST) First Aid training through theoretical and practical training.
After completion of the course, the delegate will have achieved skills and basic knowledge about:
- Global and regional legislation.
- First aid guidelines ERC & AHA.
- Risks and hazards.
- Anatomy, structure, functions and symptoms.
- Use of first aid principles in emergency situations.
- Serious/minor illness and injuries.
- Management of an incident.
- Safety awareness in an emergency situation.
- Emergency rescue team.
- Primary & secondary incidents.
- Lifesaving first aid.
- A-B-C principles and primary survey.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and practice exercise.
- AED safety procedures and correct use of an AED.
- Managing minor and serious incidents.
- Psychological first aid.
- Demonstration of first aid equipment.
- Scenario based training.
Upon completion the delegate will be able to demonstrate:
- The importance of carrying out first aid in a safe manner in accordance with legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to ERC and AHA guidelines.
- Identify and explain normal function, normal signs, functions and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illness related to the human body.
- Correct order of management in an emergency situation in a Wind Turbine Generator environment.
- Correct use of lifesaving first aid using the primary survey A-B-C.
- Correct use of an automatic external defibrillator (AED).
- Correct use of ordinary first aid and the secondary survey.
- Correct use of first aid equipment in a first aid scenario.
All personnel participating in Basic Safety Training shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating.
Personnel who will be working in the wind industry or related fields, and will have their duties in a wind turbine environment, usually in physical contact with a wind turbine or an offshore wind structure.
Personnel that performs job functions that has been risk assessed by their employer or their workplace duty holder as a function, where training according to one or more modules of the BST standard may mitigate of the identified risks.
The price for GWO BST First Aid at Maersk Training is 3.116 DKK excludes applicable taxes.
Jeg vil gerne kontaktes af den kursusansvarlige - uforpligtende
Hvad siger tidligere deltagere på kurserne?
Maersk Training - A global training provider
We train organisations, crews and individuals in the Oil & Gas, Maritime and Wind industry how to improve safety and operational performance in offshore and maritime operations. We always train as close to real life as possible teaching you how to...