GWO Basic Technical Training (BTT) Electrical
GWO Technical Training: Electrical systems
Do your work on- and offshore in the wind power industry? The GWO Basic Technical Training modules are targeted at candidates who have no previous experience of hydraulic, mechanical or electrical systems but may also be used to up skill candidates who have some knowledge of these areas in other spheres not specifically wind turbines.
Upon completion of the full GWO Basic Technical Training (BTT) Delegates will possess an awareness of hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems, preparing candidates for working both on and offshore in the wind power industry.
The GWO Basic Technical Training Electrical module is one out of three standalone qualifications which together form the full GWO Basic Technical Training:
The GWO Basic Technical Training modules can be taken independently and in any order you wish. It is however highly recommended that the mechanical module is taken as the first module.
The content of the GWO Basic Technical Training Electrical module is:
- Introduction to Electricity
- Electrical Safety
- Electrical Components
- Electrical circuits
- Electrical Measuring Instruments
- Theoretical test.
The aim of the GWO Basic Technical Training Electrical Module is to give the delegates the knowledge and skills to carry out basic electrical tasks (supervised by an experienced technician) using safe working procedures and the correct PPE.
The GWO Basic Technical Training Electrical Module shall ensure Delegates are able to:
- Explain the basics of electricity
- Explain risks and hazards associated with electrical work
- Explain the function and symbol of electrical components
- Explain the function of different types of sensors
- Explain and interpret a simple electrical diagram and demonstrate how to assembly it on a circuit
- Demonstrate how to make correct and safe measurements
- Sensors used in a WTG and their position and function
At least 70% of the questions in the written test must be answered correctly in order to pass the test.
All personnel participating in Basic Technical Training shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating.
There are no prerequisites for this module but some sort of practical mechanical or electrical maintenance background would be useful.
The Basic Technical Training modules are targeted at candidates who have no previous experience of hydraulic, mechanical or electrical systems but may also be used to up skill candidates who have some knowledge but not of their application in wind turbines.
Contact Maersk Training for the price. The price for this course includes:
- Full day courses include breakfast and lunch.
- Half day courses include either breakfast or lunch.
- All courses include water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration.
Maersk Training - A global training provider
We train organisations, crews and individuals in the Oil & Gas, Maritime and Wind industry how to improve safety and operational performance in offshore and maritime operations. We always train as close to real life as possible teaching you how to...
Jeg vil gerne kontaktes af den kursusansvarlige - uforpligtende
Udfyld formularen for mere information om GWO Basic Technical Training (BTT) Electrical