Dynamic Work Design - Executive MBA Course
Senior Lecturer Donald Kieffer
Traditional work design for organizations typically involves organization charts about who reports to whom and process books that few people actually use. These static work designs do not inform people about exactly what to do once the work begins – particularly if a problem appears. Computers have not always helped, leaving people mostly on their own when the latest screen does not accomplish the needed task, especially in organizations where people are separated geographically.
The Executive MBA Course in Building a Dynamic Management System is the result of the 20-year collaboration between Donald Kieffer and his MITprofessor partner, Nelson Repenning, to drive improved performance in organizations. They have created a framework, principles, approaches and methods to understand the dynamic portion of work – and what happens when work begins.
These techniques have proven successful in every industry and at every scale; many times delivering huge results with little to no investment and in short periods of time.
Contrary to most improvement philosophies, Dynamic Work Design is as effective in highly creative, unique work as it is in routine, high volume work, at the front line and in the executive suite.
During this Executive MBA Course, students will learn:
- The key principles and practices of Dynamic Work Design and the theoretical basis in relation to Lean, 6-Sigma and other popular improvement methodologies
- The strategies for changing organizations large and small, in any industry, in operational work or project work
- Several powerful techniques like Visual Management, Structured Thinking and Work Design Rules that can be used immediately
Senior Lecturer in Operations Management, MIT, Sloan School of Management, Boston, USA
Donald Kieffer is a Senior Lecturer in Operations Management at MIT and a Managing Partner at the Milwaukee Consulting Group, where he is implementing sustainable improvements through executive coaching. He was Vice President at Harley-Davidson for 15 years and Senior Vice President at Intermatic. He is an expert in Toyota methods, particularly at the leadership level and advises on large-scale improvement campaigns and specific projects. He holds a BS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Pittsburgh.
- Requirements: Students are required to attend all classes and to participate actively.
- Course Material: The course material consists of a textbook, articles and case studies.
- Preparations: Students are required to read all course material in advance.
- Time Schedule: Dynamic Work Design is a two-months Executive MBA Course with classes on October 24-25 from 08.30 to 17.00.
Eksamen og diplom
- ECTS Points: The Executive MBA Course in Dynamic Work Design will earn you a total of 4.5 ECTS points.
Evaluation: Students will be graded on attendance and participation in class and on a group assignment.
- The tuition fee for the two-months Executive MBA Course in Dynamic Work Design is DKK 22,500 exclusive of VAT.
AVT “Association of Visionary Thinkers” Business School er en officielt akkrediteret Executive MBA-skole, der tilbyder efteruddannelser til ambitiøse og visionære ledere. Vil du undervises af folk fra Harvard, MIT, London Business School, Berkeley, INSEAD, m.fl. indenfor bl.a. Leadership in a...
Udfyld formularen for mere information om Dynamic Work Design (Executive MBA Course)
Du vil måske også være interesseret i:
7.950 DKK-7.999 DKK